July 4, 2013

How we spent our 4th...

getting sweaty hiking up Ensign Peak in 100 degree weather. Not our usual 4th fair, but fun nonetheless. We topped that off with a trip to cafe Rio and then home for a yummy nap, homemade ice cream and fireworks, both the store bought cheapies that are actually an arm and a leg, and the entire neighborhoods big boomers that I am sure cost even more. It was a fun day all in all celebrating our country's independence and the best part -not having to go to work! It was a different day because we didn't see one person from either side of the family. The 4th has always been such a family filled day and I am not sure why this 4th was different this time other than things are just different now. I thoroughly enjoy one on one time with my kiddos and am so grateful for every minute I have with them, and I am so grateful for this country and that I was born here at this time. I am blessed.






No comments:

Post a Comment