November 15, 2013

I am grateful for technology and that it make impossible things possible. I am grateful for cell phones and text messaging so I can stay in contact with the important peeps in my life. I am grateful for the internet and that all things are right at our fingertips. It is so crazy to think how far we have come in just my lifetime. When I was a kid you had to get off the couch to turn to another one of the seven television channels. When the phone rang you had to run to the kitchen and stand there while you talked until mom finally broke down and bought an extra long cord that would reach all the way down the hall into the bathroom! When I was a kid there were these books called Encyclopedias that you had to go to the library to do research for your report you had to write and if your mom was in a really good mood you might be able to talk her into typing it up for you on the type writer. Wow, times have changes. Our kids have it so good and they have no idea... But me, I am grateful! 

No comments:

Post a Comment