Okay, have I happened to mention lately how much I adore my husband? I do. He is the love of my life and my best friend and I don't get to hang out with him as often as I would like thanks to this busy thing called life, but when we do, we have fun! Even if it's grocery shopping all by ourselves. That's sad, but true. I know what you're thinking, how can that grumpy looking big bald dude be any fun at all? Well he is. At least with me...
We have grown old together Xandi and I. We have gone through a lot of "stages" in our marriage and have finally happened upon my most favorite stage of all. I love our teenagers. I love that I still have little (getting big too fast) kids, but we still have kids at home. With that, we are back at the place that we can just take off and spend the day together again and know that the kids can fend for themselves, for the most part anyway, as long as I have a fully stocked YOYO (your on your own) pantry which includes the standard kid fair like ramen noodles and mac 'n cheese. I also love that I have great kids that look out for each other.
Getting older does have it's perks...a few at least.
I love that we can take off and just do nothing at all but be together. Saturdays are awesome for that. It makes me happy. He makes me happy. Today on our just be together date we spent the morning doing some research for an article Xandi is writing for his work newsletter on food trucks. Mmmmm. Waffle Love was NOT on my diet but I had to indulge in order to help with his project, right?


No comments:
Post a Comment