March 20, 2013

I miss my dad...

my hard working, perfectionist, loving and sweet, who would do anything for me and for his whole entire family dad! I was laughing today because I inherited his Christmas tree. That's really not the funny thing though but looking at the box made me giggle. I am laughing because I have to be the one that pulls this perfect tree out of it's just so box and know that it will never be the same. Have you ever met anyone that can get a Christmas tree back into it's original box put together just perfectly? I have. My dad. And everything he did in his life was to the best of his ability. Never settling for second best, especially when it came to the things he worked hard at. He is such an example to me of making the most of what you've been given. He was one of the smartest men I have ever known, and he taught me so much just from his example.

1 comment:

  1. Another sweet post, Stace. Isn't it interesting that the simple things mean so much? Like whenever I'm peeling an apple, I think of my grandma, who would sit with a bowl of apples in her lap and peel one after the other for her grandchildren...love that memory!

    ReplyDelete