ME!
As mothers day is upon me I have been doing a lot of reflecting on what being a mom means to me. I try to think of what my life would be like if I wasn't a mother and it literally makes me feel so sad. My five most precious gifts are my world.
Being a mom has made me thankful for what my own mother has taught me, done for me, and been through for me. There are so many things I did not understand until I too became a mother, especially a mother of teenagers. I learned that she made decisions to protect me and I now find myself doing the same with my own children. I love my mommy so much, and I miss her oodles. How I wish I could just call her up for advice, or to hear her voice tell me that she loves me.
Being a mom has made me excited and proud to have such a huge role in molding and nurturing other little people, and helping shape them into big people that will make the world a better place. When my kiddos show me their amazing grades, or involve me in their life, like watching them make decisions about what is right and wrong, talks about what they want their lives to be and what they will not settle for - these things show me that I am raising awesome humans. My kids are great kids with good heads on their shoulders. They are strong in the gospel, they are kind, they are fun to talk to, they are funny, they are so smart, and they are some of my very best friends.
Being a mom has made me feel an abundance of love. Unconditional love that will never fade. A love that makes me smile. A love that brings joy to my heart when I see my children happy and successful in even the very simple things in life.
I love you Gavin, Sophie, Grayson, Delanie, and Gentry. Being your mother is a great blessing in my life and I thank my Father in Heaven EVERY DAY for YOU!
You're the sweetest mom there is! You're kidlets are a testament to the type of momma you are. Love you!
ReplyDelete