This week we found out that my parents home has been sold and that we will be closing on it this next Friday. Even though this is not the home I grew up in I still feel a deep connection to this place. For one, the amazing back yard and all the memories that go with it. So many fun times spent together playing as a family. So many times rummaging through the garden and being sent home with loads of veggies. Picking fruit from any kind of tree you could want. Collecting the eggs for Grandpa. The list could go on and on. Secondly, I was witness to some very sacred spiritual events in that home and had a front row seat the days that my parents took their last breaths with their tired bodies. I love this place, and on a beautiful day like today I couldn't help but throw my camera at Soph and tell her to start snapping pictures so they would help us remember all the things that made us happy at grandma's house.
No comments:
Post a Comment